1960s Designer Red & Gold Baroque Velvet Dress - New!
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 36 inches + 91.44 cm
Waist: 28 inches + 71.12 cm
Bodice Length: 15 inches + 38.1 cm
Sleeve Length: 24 inches + 60.96 cm
Total Length: 39 inches + 99.06 cm
* Gorgeous 1960s Mod burgundy red and golden mustard velveteen dress
* Eye-catching Baroque pattern
* Great silhouette with nipped in waist
* Large inverted pleat at centre front
* Slightly flared sleeves above wrist secured with elastic
* Self tie and back nylon zip
* High quality designer dress
* Label reads Jeanne Booher for Jeunesse
Jeunesse LabelThe Jeunesse Label was owned by Max Blauner of the Lombardy Frocks. Other labels owned by the company were the well-known Suzy Perette (famous for reproducing Christian Dior designs under licence) and Gigi Young (a sister company producing more mid-priced lines). The up-market New York based Jeunesse label showcased several high-end designers including Jeannene Booher,
From the 1960s until she ended up at Maggy London, Jeannene Booher worked for several other large design houses, and featured her own collections. The list of companies and designers she worked for is impressive, including Jeunesse, Pauline Trigere, Jo Copeland, Arnold Scassi, Adele Simpson and David Morris'
It was said that buyers from stores throughout the USA believed her designs were the best they had ever seen and was compared to the likes of Courreges, Gernreich, Tiffeau and Beene.
The famous fashion publicist, Eleanor Lambert, wrote in 1970 ” Jeannene is a whiz at tailoring. She blends classic grace and sophistication with her own snappy angular cut, flaring skirts and sense of the waistline.”
Though Jeannene Booher’s Maggie London fashions are still pretty plentiful, it’s rare to find her earlier designs - of which this is a wonderful example. If you appreciate clean lines, bold graphic prints and timeless style, then this is certainly a desirable label to look out for when hunting for vintage designer clothing of the Mod period.
This gorgeous dress is in wonderful condition for its age and I cannot find any faults.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.