Late 1950 -60s Blue Floral Cotton Dress Ensemble - New!
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 40 inches + 102 cm
Waist: 30 inches + 76.2 cm
Total Length from Shoulder to Hem: 43.5 inches + 110 cm
Bust: 42 inches + 106.7 cm
Waist: 33 inches + 84 cm
Sleeve length from Shoulder: 17.5 inches + 44.5 cm
Total Length from Shoulder to Hem: 20 inches + 50.8 cm
* Gorgeous 1950s blue hydrangeas abstract print glazed polished cotton ensemble
* Wonderful silhouette with princess seams and wide skirt
* Bodice with short sleeves, v notched neckline and empire bust
* Flared gored skirt flaring gently from under the bust and widening down skirt
* Matching jacket with revere collar and bracelet sleeves with cuffs
* Self-covered buttons to jacket and rear metal zipper on dress
* Professionally made - label reads Julius Model
Wonderful ensemble with bright vibrant impressionist print in glazed cotton. Material looks as new without fading, in fact the ensemble looks hardly worn. No condition issues to note. I would like to mention that some of the seams are serged. As a general rule, many people identify serged seams as made after the 1960s. However, the overlocker was invented by the Merrow Machine Company in 1881 and while not generally available for domestic use until the mid 1960s, overlockers were used by garment manufacturers from the early 1900s. This dress has early manufacturing labels and sizing that establishes itself within the 1950-60s time period.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item. Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!