Vintage 1980s Silver and Black Glitter Polly Style Shoes - New!
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Marked Size: 7 (US) - roughly equivalent to AUS size 7
Length: 9.5 inches + 24.13 cm (measured along insole curve from pointy toe to heel)
Ball: 3 inches + 7.62 cm (these shoes are on the narrow side)
Heel: 3.75 inches + 9.525 cm
* Stylish silver and black vintage shoes
* Cross-over effect to front
* wooden and metal base and heel
* Made to imitate Polly Shoes of the 1960
* Bebe label
POLLY Style, Mules and Spring-o-laTOR SHOES
Polly style mules as well as Spring-o-lator heels were made famous by pin-up girls, cocktail waitresses, burlesque dancers and starlets back in the early 1960's.
The star given most notoriety for wearing mules was Marilyn Monroe, although Jane Russell, her co-star, also loved wearing them. Polly shoes were launched in 1961 and became synonymous with the half metal/half wood heel that was deemed non breakable.These shoes are very similar to Polly shoes of the 1960s but are estimated to be manufactured during the 1980s. The shoes are extremely COMFORTABLE and easy to walk in.
This vintage shoes has been carefully looked after and are in excellent condition for their age. They appear to have never been worn and the only flaw I can see is slight markings on insole of shoes not visible when worn.