Beautiful 1920-1930s Art Deco Venetian Bead Necklace - New!
Length: 28 inches + 71.12 cm
Widest Point: 0.75 inches + 1.90 cm
* Vintage Art Deco Italian millefiori necklace
* Hand blown glass beads in graduated sizes
* Individually hand knotted with black spacers
* Gorgeous colours in black, blue, green, brown, white and yellow
* Replaced clasp
* Beautiful example of Venetian beading that was so popular during this period
Venetian Glass Beads
This method of glass production was developed and refined over many centuries in Venice, Italy, primarily on the island of Murano. It remains a world-renowned centre for colourful, elaborate glass of the highest quality and craftsmanship – be it in glassware, mirrors, chandeliers, or beads and jewellery. Each bead is made by hand, produced by cutting cross sections of fused bundles of glass rods of various colours and sizes. Therefore, every bead is unique.
This is a beautiful example of an Art Deco necklace. The stringing is very secure and the beads are in great condition. The only issue worth noting is the replacement clasp as the original one was broken.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.