Antique Victorian Green Belle Epoque Promenade Dress - New!
Size: Extra Small
Bust: 31 inches + 79 cm
Waist: 23 inches + 59 cm
Total Length Waist to Hem: 39 inches + 98 cm
* Antique circa 1890 hunter green wool promenade/visiting dress
* Two pieces: skirt and bodice
* Skirt is gored and slightly flared, deeper gathers at the back for a small bustle
* Bodice is boned with straight cut long sleeves
* Emerald silk satin snd lace trims on either side of bodice and cuffs
* Buttercup yellow silk inset at front bodice
* Fully lined
This beautiful gown is in very good condition but sold as found. Both the lining under the green satin and the silk insert have some shattering but not visible externally as seen. The damaged lining has lightweight patching to stabilise the damage. Notwithstanding, the overall presentation of the dress is lovely as can be seen from the photos.
A beautiful example of an 1890s promenade or walking dress. This and its sister gown, which was made from the identical pattern but in a different colour combination, were found preserved in a trunk in Pennsylvania, USA.