Couture 1940s Charcoal Lilli Ann Fine Weave Wool Suit - New!
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2-4 AUS size 6-8 UK size 4-6
- Small US size 6-8 AUS size 10-12 UK size 8-10
- Medium US size 10-12 AUS size 14-16. UK size 12-14
- Large US size 14-16 AUS size 18-20 UK size 16-18
- Extra Large US size 18-20. AUS size 22-24 UK size 20-22
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Small - Medium
Bust: 36 inches + 91.44 cm
Waist: 30 inches + 76 cm
Sleeve Length: 22 inches + 57.15 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 66 cm (button can be moved to allow a bit more room)
Hips: 38 inches + 96.52 cm
Skirt Length: 26 inches + 66.04 cm
This item is on layaway and not available for sale at this time. Initial deposit of $50 paid 18/5/2018 - 29 May Paid $100 - 21 June Paid - $50 - Balance $200
Paid in full
* Wonderful two-toned charcoal and grey finely woven gaberdine wool fabric
* Classic late 1940s silhouette with tailored jacket and A-line skirt
* Jacket features two-toned deco pattern yoke and sleeves and padded shoulders
* Front fastening of jacket with self covered buttons
* Jacket features shallow insert pockets
* Fully lined jacket in mushroom pink crepe
* A-line skirt with darts at hip and inverted pleat at rear
* Label reads An Original Lilli Ann
This famous American label was registered in 1933 by Adolf Schuman. Fabrics were specially imported from France and Italy, many made expressly for Lilli Ann. These fabrics were bought from mainly small textile companies that were in dire financial straits after the war and in danger of closing. As a result, Schuman was credited with saving many of these from financial ruin and in official recognition for his services was awarded Medals of Honour from both France and Italy. On the other hand, the Lilli Ann customer knew that their suits, coats and dresses were made of the highest quality, hand-loomed fabric. Lilli Ann was also recognised for its innovative designs and quality construction. The label received the Gold Medal in Fashion Design, America's highest award in fashion. Nowadays, there is very high demand for this label from collectors and fashionistas from around the world. It must be said that this label is one of my all-time favourites as many of my customers know...:)
Such a beautiful suit with iconic Art Deco decorations. This suit would have been described as in pristine condition if it wasn't for 2-3 very small pin head moth bites...shown in last photograph. I am certain that a talented seamstress could either repair or mask the minor damage by applying imagination and a little effort. Of course, one could simply wear as is...... nevertheless, I have substantially reduced the price of this collectable Lilli Ann suit.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.
Please Note: Care is taken in the reproduction of photos to ensure the most accurate depiction, however monitor colours can vary between devices due to differences in settings. If colour verification is critical, please contact us and we will give you the universal Pantone colour that matches the item.