Designer Mod 1960s Green Dress and Coat Ensemble - New!
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 34 inches + 86.36 cm
Waist: 39 inches + 91.44 cm
Bust: 36 inches + 91.44 cm
Length: 37 inches + 93.98 cm
* Wonderful 1960s designer dress and coat ensemble
* Sage green wool dress trimmed with contrasting leather collar self tie belt
* Coat in cream, sage and dark green wool stripes with contrast leather collar
* Fully lined with contrast orange crepe
* Label reads Mila Schlon
Mila was an Italian fashion designer trading under her own label. She opened her first boutique in Milan in 1965. Her designs were strong and avante-garde and her clothing was made from high-quality fabrics. She was recognised as combining Balenciaga's austerity of cut with Dior's versatility of design. Her clothing lines were often geometric in nature, and even displaying elements of cubism. Mila's designs were greatly influenced by her collection of modern art.
In the USA, her work was distributed by Neiman Marcus. As a leading and highly acclaimed Italian designer, Mila was commissioned to design the uniforms for Air Italia in 1969 and in 1992 she designed the Italian's team uniform for the Barcelona Olympics. Examples of her work are held by museums such as Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Victorian and Albert Museum.
This vintage ensemble appears is in excellent condition for its age, free from any damage or wear. it appears to have been hardly worn.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.