Late 1950s Abstract Floral Cotton Dress- New!
Bust: 34 inches + 86 cm
Under Bust: 32 inches + 81 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 66 cm
Bodice Length from Outside Shoulder: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length from Outside Shoulder: 44 inches + 112 cm
Hem Length: none
Zipper Length: 14 inches + 36 cm
Note: Measurements taken from outside, flat and stretched seam to seam.
* Gorgeous 1950s quality glazed cotton ivory background dress
* Fabric design features abstract flowers and leaves in shades of green & tangerine red
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and full skirt
* Sleeveless chemise bodice with amazing added lengths of fabric across bodice
* These are tied at centre with yellow trim that also decorates edges to create criss - cross effect
* Double spaghetti straps that are looped on shoulders
* Very full gathered skirt with attached stiffened calico crinoline
* Bodice lined in ivory taffeta, hem is machine stitched
* Low back metal zipper at side
* Label reads Marldena Model
Marldena is, i believe a British label. I don't know any history of this company but I have found several dresses of theirs over the years. All have been of higher quality than what one would normally find, particularly in their choice of fabrics and design details. I think this dress is an excellent example of what I am speaking about.
This dress is in excellent condition for its age. No notable flaws that I can see, in fact looks hardly worn. Cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.