Late 1950s Designer Donarica Garnet Rose Sheath Dress- New!
Bust: 34 - 36 inches + 86 - 91 cm
Under Bust: 32 inches + 81 cm
Waist: 27 inches + 69 cm
Hips: 37 inches + 94 cm
Bodice Length from Outside Shoulder: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length from Outside Shoulder: 41.5 inches + 105 cm
Hem Length: 2 inches + 5 cm
Zipper Length: 18 inches + 46 cm
Seam Allowance: Estimated at 1 inch per side (lining covers seams)
Note: Measurements are taken from outside, flat and stretched from seam to seam. This is the maximum size allowable, so please consider individual fit and comfort.
* Magnificent late 1950s to early 1960s ribbed satin fabric dress
* Fabric design features huge full blown roses and leaves in garnet red and black
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and straight skirt
* Sleeveless bodice with deep square neckline and wide shoulder straps
* Bodice has two cross over pleated draped panels that extend to waist
* Two panels from the waist flare down to below knee length where they are sewn in
* The full effect is of a drape that crosses over on itself at bodice and then continues down to where it is attached to the skirt itself
* Low square back with two bows on either side of straps
* Dress has built in cream petticoat with sweetheart neckline and thin shoulder straps
* Fully lined in red taffeta , raw seams, hand sew hem and metal back zipper
* Label reads 1950s, Donarica Mayfair
Well, what can I say!!! This dress is truly amazing. Everything about it suggests quality. The fabric is lustrous with a wonderful detailed floral print and the construction impeccable. As for the design elements, there are so many!! The overall cut, the applied draped panel, the back bows ... are just some of the standouts. Truly a high end garment! In excellent condition too, without flaws. In fact, it looks hardly worn. Cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
Obviously, as these are one- off pieces, the fit may not be quite what you need. To this end, we also offer an alteration service by professional seamstresses. Please shoot us an email outlining what you want and we will quickly respond with a quote and timeframe. Costs are kept to a minimum for this service.
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.