Lisa 2nd Payment for Mr Mort
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 33 - 34 inches + 84 - 86 cm
Waist: 25 inches + 63.5 cm
Bodice Length: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length: 43.5 inches + 110 cm
Hem Length: 3 inches + 7.5 cm
Zipper Length: 16 inches + 40.5 cm
Dress cost $290 AUD minus 10% discount is $261. Initial deposit of $50 leaves balance of $201. This payment of $50 leaves balance of $151. Thank You
* Gorgeous 1950s medium weight quality cotton dress
* Features batik design in brown, beige, black, blue and red
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and full skirt
* Cap sleeves with square neckline with cream border
* Wide corset belt with cream threaded cord to cinch
* Full skirt with cream border giving tiered effect
* Unlined, raw seams and hand finished hem
* Back has low back with metal zipper
* Label reads Mr Mort by Betty Carol
Mr. Mort was founded in 1952 by Mortimer Goldman. The ready-to-wear company was based on 7th Avenue, New York and produced mid-priced but very fashionable dresses. Stan Herman, who had worked as a designer at various other clothing companies, was appointed the head designer at Mr. Mort in 1959. Herman’s designs were at the cutting edge of fashion - he was one of the first to show dresses over pants. During his career, Herman won three Coty Fashion Awards and was also awarded the Geoffrey Beane Lifetime Achievement Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Mr Mort ceased production in the early 1980s. All of the Mr Mort dresses I have owned have been very striking in their design and utilised high quality heavy cotton material. Of which, this is an excellent example.
This dress is in excellent condition for its age, with no faults that I can see. The Mr Mort label is very collectable, and always features well made and eye-catching designs. The corset belt is optional. Cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.