Late 1930s Early 1940s Green & White Floral Cotton Dress - New!
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 33 inches + 83.82 cm
Waist: 25 inches + 63.50 cm
Bodice Length: 16.5 inches + 41.91 cm
Total Length: 45 inches + 114.3 cm
* Late 1930s - early 1940s green and white graphic print cotton dress
* Classic silhouette with fitted bodice and full gathered skirt
* Button closure at front with four mother of pearl plastic buttons
* Decorative black bow at bodice (not attached)
* Gorgeous voile trim at neckline and sleeves with contrast black trim
* Two rows of black trim at the hemline
* Label reads Maggie Frocks Portland
This is such a beautiful dress! It stands between two fashion eras... the neckline and trim are pure 30s whilst the fuller skirt is closer to the 40s. Put together, it makes for a real standout silhouette. The dress is in great condition. The voile is joined in two pieces on the collar along the salvaged edge but this is original to the dress and not a flaw. The black bow at the bodice is added but not fixed to the dress - it will accompany it if sold. The only issues I can see is some stitching unravelling at the waist for half inch ( approx 1cm ) but this is an easy fix and two tiny brown spots that get lost in the folds of the skirt at the bottom to the back. Small blemishes considering the age of the dress. These are shown in the last photograph.
Shown with a crinoline and velvet ribbon which are not included.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.
Please Note: Care is taken in the reproduction of photos to ensure the most accurate depiction, however monitor colours can vary between devices due to differences in settings. If colour verification is critical, please contact us and we will give you the universal Pantone colour that matches the item.