Recreation of Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday Gown - New!
Size: Small (Australian size 6 - 8 / US size 2-4)
Bust: 34 inches + 86.36 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 66.04 cm
Hips: 36 inches + 91.44 cm
Total Length: 58 inches + 147.32 cm
There is some stretch to the fabric
* Reproduction of iconic gown worn by Marilyn Monroe to celebrate President John Kennedy's birthday
* Originally styled by famous film costume designer Jean Louis
* Plunging neckline with fitted bodice
* Low back with zipper
* Decorated by hand with graduating Swarovski rhinestones - the cost of adding the rhinestones necessitated a compromise on the number used. Although fewer than the original, the gown actually shimmers with light, especially with movement.
* As this piece was commissioned for exhibition, it has been used and has a consequence might show some slight flaws eg one or two missing rhinestones. If there are any missing they are definitely not noticeable.
This is an especially commissioned reproduction of the one worn by Marilyn Monroe to celebrate President Kennedy's birthday on May 19, 1962 and where she sang her sultry version of "Happy Birthday". The eyes of all 15,000 guests were on her when she took the stage at Madison Square Garden, removed her white ermine coat to reveal the backless flesh-coloured masterpiece dripping with rhinestones, designed especially for her by Jean Louis. Just recently (November 2016, the original gown was auctioned and realised a staggering $6.5 million - now here is your chance to have your very own at a basement price!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.