Vintage 1950s Cream Embroidered Cotton Dress - New! (On hold)
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2-4 AUS size 6-8 UK size 4-6
- Small US size 6-8 AUS size 10-12 UK size 8-10
- Medium US size 10-12 AUS size 14-16. UK size 12-14
- Large US size 14-16 AUS size 18-20 UK size 16-18
- Extra Large US size 18-20. AUS size 22-24 UK size 20-22
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 34 inches + 86.36 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 60.96 cm
Bodice Length: 15.25 inches + 38.73 cm
Total Length: 44.5 inches + 113.03 cm
This dress is on hold for Sophie and not available for sale at this time..... Thank you
* Lovely 1950s cream/ecru heavy cotton dress
* Lavishly embroidered in bands of red, green and gold in floral scroll pattern
* Classic silhouette with very full skirt
* Squared neckline and short sleeve bodice
* Back metal zipper
* Label reads Ann Fogarty
Ann Fogarty was an American fashion designer from the1940s through to the 1980s . She was noted for her understated, feminine designs that were accessible to American women on a modest income. Her designs were greatly influenced by the full-skirted dresses with fitted bodices inspired by Dior. Fogarty won a number of awards for her design work including a Merit Award from Mademoiselle magazine. the Bonwit Teller Award, a special Coty Award for the prettiest dresses, the Neiman Marcus Award, and the 1957 Cotton Fashion Award
Her book Wife Dressing: The Fine Art of being a Well-Dressed Wife was first published in 1959 and is considered to be her finest work. A facsimile reprint was issued in 2011 by the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her design principles are still cited by dress designers and historians, including Valerie Steele who stated that it informed the costuming of Mad Men the smash hit TV series.
This vintage dress has been carefully looked after and is in excellent condition for its age. Shown with a crinoline which are not included.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.