Vintage 1950s Designer Black Rayon Draped Dress - New!
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2-4 AUS size 6-8 UK size 4-6
- Small US size 6-8 AUS size 10-12 UK size 8-10
- Medium US size 10-12 AUS size 14-16. UK size 12-14
- Large US size 14-16 AUS size 18-20 UK size 16-18
- Extra Large US size 18-20. AUS size 22-24 UK size 20-22
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Medium - Large
Bust: 36 -38 inches + 91.5 - 97 cm
Waist: 28 - 31 inches + 71 - 79 cm
Hips: 38 - 42 inches + 96.5 - 107 cm
Bodice Length From Outside Shoulder: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length: 54 inches + 137 cm (at longest peak)
* Vintage 1950s bias cut black rayon dress
* Spectacular draping on bodice hips and derriere
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and form hugging skirt
* Sleeveless bodice with wide gathered halter straps
* Sweetheart neckline with asymmetrical draping around bust area
* Dramatic draping at front hip area
* Working back metal zipper with swag tail and bow at rear
* Lined with boning in bodice for support
* Label reads "Lilli Diamond"
Lilli Diamond was a popular brand within the USA from the 1930s through to the mid 1980s. The label was acclaimed for its sexy, bombshell designs that showcased a woman's figure and made them feel like glamorous movie stars. The brand was sold in numerous upscale boutiques and department stores, with Fredericks of Hollywood being the biggest retailer, particularly through their extensive mail order catalogue. The label was hugely popular, establishing itself as one of the leading evening and cocktail dress outlets within the USA. This was despite some department stores refusing to stock the items as they deemed them too sexy for their conservative clientele. The label was eventually sold to Campus Casuals in 1965, with the label continuing well into the 1980s.
This beautiful dress is in excellent vintage condition for its age. No notable flaws that I can see - perhaps the black isn't as pitch black as it used to be but extremely difficult to tell - the dress presents beautifully as one can see. The straps are attached by a button and are easily adjustable. Shown with a crinoline and belt for presentation purposes and not included in the sale. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.