Vintage 1950s Indigo Blue Rayon Party Dress - New!
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Extra Small - Small
Bust: 34 inches +86.36 cm
Waist: 25 inches + 63.50 cm
Bodice Length: 15 inches + 38.10 cm
Total Length : 43.25 inches + 110 cm
* Vintage 1950s indigo blue rayon dress
* Classic silhouette with fitted waist and extra full skirt
* Sophisticated ruched bodice with pleated waist
* Fully lined in purple blue acetate
* Metal zipper at back
* Label reads "Miss Elliette"
Miss Elliette was a label owned and designed by Elliette Ellis. After studying at the Traphagen School of Fashion she worked for Carl Naftal, where she learned the complexities of the garment trade. Ellis started her own line in 1952 when she moved to Los Angeles. Her focus was on mid-priced dinner and cocktail dresses that were above all flattering to the figure. Her fashion philosophy was that regardless of what male designers were doing, she believed most women wanted to look feminine, particularly for evening. And she provided her customers with plenty of yards of floaty chiffon, draped fabrics, ruffles and sequins to satisfy the most romantic of tastes. She persisted with this style even during the 1960s and 1970s when fashion had moved in a different direction. Despite this, the line was very successful. The Miss Elliette label lasted into the 1990s. Her earlier designs, in particular, are considered to be quite collectable.
This beautiful dress has been carefully looked after and is in excellent condition for its age. Remember this dress is over sixty years old but has no notable flaws that I can see other than slight discolouration of the lining - not seen from the exterior of the dress. A sophisticated and flattering party dress.
We are more than happy to answer all inquires about this item and to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!