Vintage 1950s Red & White Scroll Textured Cotton Dress- New!
Bust: 34 inches + 86 cm
Under Bust: 30 inches + 76 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 66 cm
Bodice Length from Outside Shoulder: 15.5 inches + 39 cm
Total Length from Outside Shoulder: 41 inches + 104 cm
Hem Length: none
Zipper Length: 13 inches + 33 cm
Note: Measurements taken from outside, flat and stretched seam to seam.
* Stunning late1950s - early 1960s crisp white textured cotton blend dress
* Fabric design features intricate crimson scroll work in columns
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and full skirt
* Sleeveless chemise bodice with wide grosgrain ribbon straps in red
* Matching grosgrain bows attached to each strap with white satin covered button
* Bodice has diagonal side darts that extend all the way to the neckline
* Very full box pleated skirt with self piping around waist
* Fully lined with cotton stiffening, serged seams and hand finished hem
* Low back with metal zipper
* Commercially made but no manufacturer's label.
* Has a size label and a 1950s worded care instructions label as well.
This dress is in excellent condition for its age. No notable flaws that I can see, apart a small dye run on the front right hand side of dress near hem. Depicted in the last photograph. Because of its small size, and the dress pattern, it's not particularly noticeable, as can be seen in the last photograph. I suspect that the straps have been worked on at some stage due to the inside stitching. All in all a spectacular and beautiful dress. Cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.