Vintage 1950s Silver Satin Applique Party Dress - New! (ON HOLD)
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Small - Medium
Bust: 36 inches + 91cm
Waist: 26 inches + 60 cm
Shoulder to Waist: 17 inches + 43.18 cm
Total Length: 46 inches + 116.84 cm
* 1950s silver/platinum silk satin party dress
* Wonderful silhouette with sweetheart neckline
* Shelf bust with wide shoulder straps
* Gorgeous 3D applique and ruffles on bust, spray on skirt
* A-line skirt with pelon stiffening for shape
* Metal back zipper
* Marjorie Michael label
Marjorie Michael established her California based fashion business in 1948 with two sewing machines and two employees. In her quest to design "dresses that enhanced a women's femininity" she ensured that only natural fibres were used in her clothing range, such as silk and cotton. The fabrics were largely imported from France and Italy. Marjorie never used synthetic fabrics or synthetic blends in her designs. At the label's peak, the output was considered to be equal to such high profile labels as "Peggy Hunt" and "Dorothy O'Hara". Over 800 department and larger retail stores in the USA carried her lines. In the early 1950s, Gracie Allen wore many Marjorie Michael dresses on "The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show." The company went out of business in the mid 1970s.
This stunning vintage dress presents beautifully for its age but unfortunately has a recently acquired grease stain on the front mid-bodice section just under the right bust. Apart from that, a couple of earlier lighter and smaller discolourations along with some light scuffing of the fabric but these are minor and not really noticeable when worn. Sold as is. The first five photographs were taken previous to the stain and the last photograph was taken recently.
Some items may be pinned to the form for presentation purposes.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item and to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement. If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing!