Vintage 1950s Trompe L'Oeil Ribbon & Lace Dress - New!
Bust: 34 inches + 86 cm
Natural Waist: 25 inches + 63.5 cm
Dropped Waist: 26 inches+ 66 cm
Bodice Length to Natural Waist: 15 inches + 38 cm
Bodice Length to Dropped Waist: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length: 43 inches + 109 cm
Hem Length: almost 2 inches + 5 cm
Zipper Length: 14 inches + 36 cm
Note: All measurements taken flat and stretched seam to seam
* Gorgeous 1950s ivory cotton dress with small black polka dots
* Fabric design has a trompe l'oeil effect of lace with aqua ribbon threaded through
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and full skirt
* Sleeveless bodice with bateau neckline, contrasting self fabric sleeve edge
* Shelf bust with pleated open darts and self fabric cummerbund waist
* Waistline is dropped slightly
* Very full skirt with wide knife pleating
* Bodice lined in white cotton, raw and selvedge seams with hand finished hem
* Low v-shaped back with metal zipper and self bow at rear
* Commercially made but label has been cut away
This dress is constructed to highlight the wonderful novelty print. It's really beautiful!! Also in excellent condition for its age. No notable flaws that I can see other than the hem was returned to its original length at some point and a very slight line exists where the hem used to be, but really hardly noticeable. The dress also needs a press stud to secure the bow on one side, the other is sewn. Cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.