Vintage 1950s Turquoise Blue Striped Woven Cotton Day Dress
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Extra Small
Bust: 34 inches + 86.36 cm
Waist: 24 inches + 60.95 cm
Total Length : 40 inches + 101.60 cm
* Vintage 1950s turquoise blue striped mid-weight woven cotton floral dress
* Classic silhouette with a low-cut scooped neckline
* Cummerbund waist featuring buttons and loops for fastening at back
* Bodice fully lined with stays for structure below bust
* Crinoline netting to skirt for added fullness
* American Label by Pat Premo
Pat Premo was one of the handful of California designers that drove the west coast wing of the American sportswear initiative. She began her career making "little golf dresses" out of superior fabrics like Egyptian lawn cotton, with meticulous, intricate tailoring and dressmaker details. The Pat Premo label was started by Pat and her husband, Bill Schiminke in the 1940s. The label become known for its unique fabrics and prints and for its well-fitting lines that were always beautifully finished. Of particular note, was her fondness for horizontal stripes which contrary to common wisdom she found highly flattering.. The company ceased production in the 1970s.
This amazing dress has been carefully looked after and is in excellent condition for its age. This dress is over sixty years old and has no noticeable flaws that I can see. Shown with a crinoline, which is not included.
We are more than happy to answer any inquires about this item or to negotiate a mutually agreeable lay-by arrangement if you so wish. Should you be looking for something that isn't currently found in our shop - drop us a line, we would love to accommodate you with a listing if possible.