Vintage Designer 1950s Magenta Silk Roses Dress- New! (RESERVED)
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2-4 AUS size 6-8 UK size 4-6
- Small US size 6-8 AUS size 10-12 UK size 8-10
- Medium US size 10-12 AUS size 14-16. UK size 12-14
- Large US size 14-16 AUS size 18-20 UK size 16-18
- Extra Large US size 18-20. AUS size 22-24 UK size 20-22
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
This dress is reserved for a buyer and not available for general sale...thanks for understanding
Size: Small - Medium
Bust: 36 inches + 91 cm
Waist: 27 inches + 69 cm
Bodice Length: 16 inches + 41 cm
Total Length: 44 inches + 112 cm
Hem Length: none
Zipper Length: 18 inches + 46 cm
Note: All measurements taken flat and stretched seam to seam
* Striking 1950s designer quality silk dress
* Fabric design features magenta roses on a burgundy background with green leaves
* Classic silhouette with cinched waist and draped skirt
* Short sleeved bodice with deep square neckline
* Skirt is fashioned in a petal shape with several layers
* The outer layer has tulle on the underside to give body and help with draping
* Self bow where petals meet at centre front
* Dress is fully lined in burgundy taffeta, pinked seams with hand finished hem
* Low back with metal zipper. Self belt (not pictured)
* Label reads Eleanor Green
Eleanor Green arrived in the United States in the 1930s from her native Hungary, as a young 21 year old. Within a few weeks she was commissioned to make clothes for an exclusive dress salon. The dresses she made were so beautiful that the owner of the salon kept them for herself. A dress manufacturer, on hearing the story, promptly hired her himself. After a six month stint there, Eleanor finally started out on her own. Her motivation was to design couture quality dresses that were both easy to wear and affordable. The Californian Independent Magazine's article in 1960 said of Eleanor Green - "As an ambassador of fashion and goodwill, at home and abroad, Eleanor Green has no peer. For she creates feminine, flattering styles for every occasion for luncheon in town to cocktails at 7pm and makes them perfect for urban suburban living. Her idea that high fashion. feminine styling, and popular price could be combined in the same dress - has won her plaudits of women everywhere who appreciate beauty." All the Eleanor Green dresses I've seen over the years have stood apart. Not only truly beautiful in their own right, they also feature unique design twists (such as the petals on this dress) along with superb tailoring. Truly a desirable piece.
This gorgeous dress is in excellent condition for its age, colours are vibrant and the silk fabric is strong. No notable flaws that I can see. This truly beautiful dress is freshly cleaned and ready to wear. Please drop us a line if your require additional information about this listing.
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance should this rare circumstance arise.
We make every effort to post your item within 1-3 days of payment. Should a circumstance arise where we are unable to post within this timeframe (eg we are away at a fair) we will contact you immediately. Please note that our postage charges are based on standard international and domestic air packages - all with tracking. If you want to upgrade to express postage or require insurance, please contact us prior to checkout and we will adjust the rates accordingly.
Yes we do offer flexible layby/layaway options and are open to negotiation as to the time period. Obviously, the more expensive the item the longer the time you will have to finalise payment. Contact us to see how accommodating we can be :)
If you are looking for something that you don't currently find in our shop - let us know we may be able to help you with a special listing!
Our photos are taken with a mix of studio and ambient lighting. Whilst we take care with the colour balance of our photos, individual computer monitors register colours differently depending on their calibration. If you want the exact colour shade drop us a line and we will give you the Universal Pantone colours that match the item.