1950s Blue Rose Print Chiffon Party Dress - New!
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Bust: 35 inches + 88.90 cm
Waist: 25 inches + 63.50 cm
Total Length: 38 inches + 96.52 cm (this is measured from underarm to hem)
* 1950s white chiffon with huge cabbage roses print
* Wonderful silhouette with sweetheart neckline
* Bodice is boned for structure
* Contrast blue satin cummberbund waist which crosses over at back with tails
* Amazingly full skirt with tulle underlay for fullness
* Detached off-shoulder sleeves can be used if required (pinned to mannequin)
* Fred Perlberg Dance Originals label
Fred Perlberg (1901-1991) began working in the New York fashion industry when he was sixteen. Three years later he started his own company (1920). Fred Perlberg Originals were quality medium-priced evening and dance dresses that young women wore to proms and weddings. His label was sold in major department stores across the United States and Canada. Fred retired in 1968, but the company continued with Roger Milot as the designer. He was named Man of the Year in honour of his contribution to the American fashion industry the year he retired.
This vintage dress has been carefully looked after and is in excellent condition for its age. Remember this dress is over sixty years old but has no noticeable flaws that I can see, other than it may need more stitches to secure back drapes. This beautiful dress was featured in the TV series A Place to Call Home.
Please Note: Care is taken in the reproduction of photos to ensure the most accurate depiction, however monitor colours can vary between devices due to differences in settings. If colour verification is critical, please contact us and we will give you the universal Pantone colour that matches the item.