1950s Blue Rose Print Chiffon Party Dress - New!
Bust: 35 inches + 89 cm
Waist: 25 inches + 64 cm
Total Length: 38 inches + 967 (cm (this is measured from underarm to hem)
* 1950s white chiffon with huge cabbage roses print
* Wonderful silhouette with sweetheart neckline
* Bodice is boned for structure
* Contrast blue satin cumberbund waist which crosses over at back with tails
* Amazingly full skirt with tulle underlay for fullness
* Detached off-shoulder sleeves can be used if required (pinned to mannequin)
* Fred Perlberg Dance Originals label
Fred Perlberg (1901-1991) began working in the New York fashion industry when he was sixteen. Three years later he started his own company (1920). Fred Perlberg Originals were quality medium-priced evening and dance dresses that young women wore to proms and weddings. His label was sold in major department stores across the United States and Canada. Fred retired in 1968, but the company continued with Roger Milot as the designer. He was named Man of the Year in honour of his contribution to the American fashion industry the year he retired.
This vintage dress has been carefully looked after and is in excellent condition for its age. Remember this dress is over sixty years old but has no noticeable flaws that I can see, other than it may need more stitches to secure back drapes. This beautiful dress was featured in the TV series A Place to Call Home.
Please Note: Care is taken in the reproduction of photos to ensure the most accurate depiction, however monitor colours can vary between devices due to differences in settings. If colour verification is critical, please contact us and we will give you the universal Pantone colour that matches the item.