1960s Rosenberg Tapestry Designer Handbag- New (ON HOLD)
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Height: 8 inches + 20.3 cm (highest point)
Width: 10 Inches + 25.4 cm (widest point)
Depth: 5.5 inches + 14 cm
This item is on hold for someone special and not available for sale at this time...thank you for understanding
* Vintage 1960s tapestry and caramel leather handbag
* Front, back and under areas embellished with wool floral tapestry
* Leather trim to top and sides of the bag
* Brass feet at each corner of base
* Double-opening with added centre compartment
* Twin rolled circular handles
* Large amber coloured lucite rounded clasp
* Fully lined in caramel leather and twill fabric with internal pockets and zippered compartment
* Original mirror included
* Label reads Rosenberg
Located in Maddison Avenue, New York City, Harry Rosenberg was active from 1930 through to the 1970s. His company established itself as a leading handbag manufacturer specialising in quality products with attention to detail. Rosenberg was acclaimed for his unusual materials including sourcing of exotic skins, such as alligator, crocodile, lizard and ostrich, as well as leather and textiles. His skins were all hand polished to bring depth and lustre to the final finish and his designs were often embellished with gold-plated hardware, rhinestone encrusted clasps, lucite and bakelite accents, and rolled handles.i Rosenberg handbags were sold by high end stores and boutiques including Saks 5th Avenue. B Altmann & Co, Bonwit Teller and Lord & Taylor. Keenly sought by handbag collectors, Rosenberg products are still as fashionable today as they were when they were first sold.
The handbag is in excellent condition with a clean exterior and interior. ...looks hardly carried if at all. There are a few very minor scratches and age spots but nothing to detract from this beautiful handbag.