Recreation of Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday Wedding Gown - New!
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Size: Small (Australian size 6 - 8 / US size 2-4)
Bust: 34 inches + 86.36 cm
Waist: 26 inches + 66.04 cm
Hips: 36 inches + 91.44 cm
Total Length: 58 inches + 147.32 cm
There is some stretch to the fabric
* Reproduction of iconic gown worn by Marilyn Monroe to celebrate President John Kennedy's birthday
* Originally styled by famous film costume designer Jean Louis
* Plunging neckline with fitted bodice
* Low back with zipper
* Decorated by hand with graduating Swarovski rhinestones - the cost of adding the rhinestones necessitated a compromise on the number used. Although fewer than the original, the gown actually shimmers with light, especially with movement.
* As this piece was commissioned for exhibition, it has been used and has a consequence might show some slight flaws eg one or two missing rhinestones. If there are any missing they are definitely not noticeable.
This is an especially commissioned reproduction of the one worn by Marilyn Monroe to celebrate President Kennedy's birthday on May 19, 1962 and where she sang her sultry version of "Happy Birthday". The eyes of all 15,000 guests were on her when she took the stage at Madison Square Garden, removed her white ermine coat to reveal the backless flesh-coloured masterpiece dripping with rhinestones, designed especially for her by Jean Louis. Just recently (November 2016, the original gown was auctioned and realised a staggering $6.5 million - now here is your chance to have your very own at a basement price!
This item is within our selling stock. In the unlikely event that two buyers purchase this item concurrently, payment will be immediately refunded to the latter purchaser. We apologise in advance if this rare circumstance arises.