RARE Lederer 60's Designer Pocket Watch Crocodile Handbag- New
Height: 7.25 inches + 18.5 cm (highest point)
Width: 8.6 Inches + 22.5 cm (widest point)
Depth: 4.75 inches + 12 cm
* Vintage 1960s black Porosus baby crocodile leather handbag
* Rounded barrel structure (doctor's shape)
* Distinctive gold plated steel hardware
* Top push clasp and crocodile handle accented with gold hardware
* Large opening with pockets and flapped compartment
* Matching hand mirror and coin purse
* Gold plated stem wind pocket watch set in depression on handbag front
* Decorative engraving on rear of gold plated case and inside stamped Monaco-Watch Co. Made In France.
* Manual wind movement is signed 15 Jewels Monaco Watch Co.
* Original mirror included
* Label reads Made in France expressly for Lederer
Lederer de Paris, Inc.
The Lederer company opened their first boutique in the US around 1939 in New York City at 711 Fifth Ave. Prior to that, the company operated over twenty stores in Europe: including London, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, and Budapest. Their specialties were upscaled alligator and crocodile satchels, as well as various exotic skins all meticulously handcrafted and finished. A signature feature of their finest model was an attached gold plated pocket watch. Since the 1960s, this over-100-year-old corporation has been run by the three generations of Mr. Lederer’s followers. The brand has changed ownership several times, yet still remains in operation worldwide as a distinguished maker of very fine leather goods.
How lucky to find this very rare and desirable handbag. Absolutely breathtaking displaying an exquisite elegance, with excellent craftsmanship and finish, and an absolutely flawless skin. Seldom available for sale, this exquisite handbag is finished to the highest standard with the finest outer matched porous crocodile leather and inner soft leather lining. The fob watch is in excellent condition, fully functional and keeps accurate time. Overall the handbag is in excellent condition, only displaying minor wear - coupe of surface scratches and very slight rubs. You only get to see these handbags in museums, but now you have an opportunity of having one of your very own.