RARE Lederer 60's Designer Pocket Watch Crocodile Handbag- New
This product is sold out
As a guide we provide general sizing categories as well as actual bust waist and hips sizes. Our general sizing guide is as follows:
- Extra Small US size 2, AUS size 6, UK size 4
- Small US size 4-6, AUS size 8-10, UK size 6-8
- Medium US size 8-10, AUS size 12-14. UK size 10-12
- Large US size 12, AUS size 16, UK size 14
- Extra Large US size 14-16, AUS size 18-20, UK size 16-18
We take special care to ensure that our products are correctly described and measured, with any obvious faults noted in the description. Please understand that these items have had a previous life and consequently may have acquired some wear and tear over the years. Nevertheless, we strive to ensure our items are presented in good wearable condition, clean and with any noticeable fault highlighted. Whilst we take utmost care, mistakes can sometimes happen and we are prepared to provide repairs, exchanges or refunds, whatever we deem appropriate, provided the following conditions are met.....
1. We are notified via email that there is a problem with the item.
2. The notification is provided with 48 hours of receipt of goods.
3. The item is returned at the purchaser's expense - unless we accept responsibility for misrepresenting the item.
4. The item is received by Coutura Vintage within the agreed timeframe.
5. The item is returned in the same condition it was sent.
6. The repair and/or refund will be processed within the mutually agreed timeframe following the return of the item.
7. We do not accept responsibility if these conditions are not met.
Please note we do not accept returns based on items damaged in transit, or after wearing. Should you required additional information and measurements prior to making your decision, we will be most happy to assist. We will also place the item on hold whilst we get back to you with the information. This is a courtesy service and does not imply any obligation on your behalf to purchase.
Coutura Vintage provides a quick, safe and efficient delivery option, for both our Australian clients and for those residing overseas. We deliver to most overseas destinations, mainly using Australia Post.
We have shipped many items overseas over the years and whilst we pack carefully we also take care to ensure that the parcel is sent economically. In the main we use packages and envelopes available from Australia Post. All breakable items are carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and if required double-boxed.
Please be assured, that your item will arrive professionally packed and as promptly as we are able. All items are posted within 48 hours of purchase or earlier. For additional peace of mind you may wish to take our insurance on your package, if you want this option please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the additional cost involved.
Height: 7.25 inches + 18.5 cm (highest point)
Width: 8.6 Inches + 22.5 cm (widest point)
Depth: 4.75 inches + 12 cm
* Vintage 1960s black Porosus baby crocodile leather handbag
* Rounded barrel structure (doctor's shape)
* Distinctive gold plated steel hardware
* Top push clasp and crocodile handle accented with gold hardware
* Large opening with pockets and flapped compartment
* Matching hand mirror and coin purse
* Gold plated stem wind pocket watch set in depression on handbag front
* Decorative engraving on rear of gold plated case and inside stamped Monaco-Watch Co. Made In France.
* Manual wind movement is signed 15 Jewels Monaco Watch Co.
* Original mirror included
* Label reads Made in France expressly for Lederer
Lederer de Paris, Inc.
The Lederer company opened their first boutique in the US around 1939 in New York City at 711 Fifth Ave. Prior to that, the company operated over twenty stores in Europe: including London, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, and Budapest. Their specialties were upscaled alligator and crocodile satchels, as well as various exotic skins all meticulously handcrafted and finished. A signature feature of their finest model was an attached gold plated pocket watch. Since the 1960s, this over-100-year-old corporation has been run by the three generations of Mr. Lederer’s followers. The brand has changed ownership several times, yet still remains in operation worldwide as a distinguished maker of very fine leather goods.
How lucky to find this very rare and desirable handbag. Absolutely breathtaking displaying an exquisite elegance, with excellent craftsmanship and finish, and an absolutely flawless skin. Seldom available for sale, this exquisite handbag is finished to the highest standard with the finest outer matched porous crocodile leather and inner soft leather lining. The fob watch is in excellent condition, fully functional and keeps accurate time. Overall the handbag is in excellent condition, only displaying minor wear - coupe of surface scratches and very slight rubs. You only get to see these handbags in museums, but now you have an opportunity of having one of your very own.